ROBERT A. STEEN COMMUNITY CENTRE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Caretaker/Janitor, under the supervision of the Centre General Manager, will oversee the facilities
and grounds and ensure it is maintained at the highest quality.
Due to the nature of the position, the work schedule may vary from week to week and may require split
shifts and/or flexible work hours. The average work week will be 35 hours.
You must be a self-starter and follow procedures with little or no supervision. Must be able to work
effectively as a team and committed to providing excellent service and maintenance and custodial duties.
You must be able to perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to the Centre General Manager or Supervisor upon your arrival at the start of your shift
and prior to your departure at the end of your shift.
- Report to the Centre General Manager or Supervisor any safety concerns, general maintenance
issues of the Centre.
- Check the grounds surrounding the building daily.
- Check and clean all washrooms daily
- Clean and maintain all floors/walls/windows
- Set up and take down for daily functions.
- Keep all entrances and exits clear of snow and ice, and shovel all sidewalks.
- Maintain grounds in a neat condition.
- Check daily all building lights and outside lights/and replace when needed.
- Pick up garbage daily.
- Keep garbage, recycling, and Canadian Diabetes bin areas clean and neat.
- The Caretaker Log is to be completed daily and submitted weekly to the Centre Manager.
Apply to: Steven Bemrose
Robert A Steen Memorial Community Centre Inc. – Employment Opportunity
980 Palmerston Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 1J9
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org